Friday, September 9, 2011

TALKING TO THE LISTENER

OK. So here I am hitting the pen again - Oops ! The keyboard I mean. It was an eventful day. There's a lot that happened through. Most of the moments were infact fun - as far as I remember them.
Started off with a late night lonely taxi drive to a relative's place. 'Twas followed by a mouthful of tasty dinner after quite a lot of time. Generally speaking - the hostel food is pretty boring - or perhaps ordinary - and sometimes even crossing the limit of ordinary. I really don't know. Sometime I am so confused about giving the right adjective to a particular situation , that I end up spoiling the image of the situation. So let me take a break from doing the same again.
Yes, so let's get down to the topic again. The sumptuous dinner. And then all the family-family lovy-dovy drama. Ended finally at morning 5:30 when my support as a partner to drinks to one of the members ended(I do not drink though ! )
The day ended almost abruptly, or the perhaps the day started almost abruptly at morning 5 o'clock when I started off the day by - Eh - Sleeping ! and the morning sleep seldom gets complete before 2 in the day. A pretty non eventful day after that, when in evening I had a meeting - got lost while coming back - then took the wrong route - got lost again - and then walked a kilometre in the opposite direction - and then came back - was completely exhausted, and I think I should end it here.

But wait, where did the topic of this post get lost? Or probably it hasn't. Thus, the moment I reach  back, I make it a point to talk to an aggrieved listener , who has been purposely waiting to hear my voice for the past 3 days - and that is what the listener claims - or may be - Ah, I am a bit confused. So yes, back to the topic - I talk to her, with a prior appointment . Oh , did I forget to mention about the appointment? Perhaps. I did it because most of the times there is one of the following problems that generally occur whenever we try to strike the much awaited conversation-

  • Either my phone does not have enough balance and snaps in between, or the listener's(for the missed call),
  • There are people in the listener's room, and ofcourse mine 
  • The listener sleeps too early, or I call too late
  • The listener has an old samsung. Its not at all like the Premier Padmini Effect( probably I have patented this effect's name now) - the older , the better. The older, the worse( I wish I could use the wrong English articulation - "badder" here - would've made more sense perhaps ! )
So in short, after a happening day, when the listener finally gets to hear my voice - the listener has only one thing to say after five big minutes of talk - Don't you think , we'd talk tomorrow, I'm so sleepy? And though I find it cute, and a good amount of attachment filled in that is what I can observe, I find it difficult enough to convince me that vetting all the above point effects, and getting to talk , or even hear the voice(each others ofcourse !) once in 3   days could not lift her sleep for a time of being, or a moment of it. 
But the conclusion I drive from it is as good as inconclusive - the different happenings in the day - the various moments spent in the time - as soon as you start sharing them, and the listener falls asleep , should you find it cute, or hate the listner.
My take - Its my life, and its even hers - and yes "its" even her's. So you like it or not - you get moulded into the melting pot , and feel the attachment has become rather more closer. Its a time when this particular listener can seriously tell you  - yes dude ! you are disturbing me - let me have a good night's sleep , which earlier due to the ton of formality either one of us could not afford to say . 
However hard I try to defend my particular cause, the better and the more logical reason I have to look into all this in a positive light is that I don't really have an option  -  - -  I can't hate the listener - the listener will beat the hell out of me !   
GodSpeed !

1 comment:

nidhi said...

listener is not very haapy abt all thse things.. 1st- i dont always give u miss call.. 2nd- i have a good modern Samsung nxt(which is working extra-ordinary)...3rd- we talked for good 30mints(not 5mints as told in the post) after dat sleep took its plunge in me... 4th- it was actually the writer who advised listener to sleep as it was late... 5th- listener can nvr beat the writer.... <3